Yesterday was a bit of an off day for me. Dragged myself out of bed and basically just kept dragging through the rest of the day. I’ve had days like this in the past, a bit too often for my liking, and yet for all those times I have experienced this I am yet to find a solution to this problem. Excessive boredom mixed with a very large dose of lack of motivation means getting very little done except for staring at the walls and hoping for boredom goes away at some point. Well it never did. I went to bed feeling bored and sadly that continued until this morning.
Slowly this feeling passed until I could actually get myself moving. Today I managed to accomplish quite a few things but there was still that lingering feeling of boredom and missing motivation. I somehow managed to dredge up the energy to write up a to do list of what needs to get done before I start on my novel come August.
To Do List:
- Decide on which story idea to write. I have narrowed it down to two.
- Create a time line for the novel.
- Write up character sheets for all major characters and possibly a few minor characters
- Draw up a map for the novel. I find have a map as visual reference helps when writing.
- Write up a quick synopsis of the novel.
I’m sure there are other things to be added to that list but for the moment it’s a start. There’s only about eight days to get all of this done. Shall be interesting to see if I can manage to get it done in time, even if I don’t the novel writing shall begin the moment August starts.