Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we are listing our Top Ten Series I Haven’t Finished (because either you didn’t like them, you just have procrastinated, etc.).
Well considering one of my biggest book problems is the fact that I am continually buying books that start new series when I already have multiple series on the go this list could be a lot bigger than it is. But, thankfully I only had to list the top ten and not all series I haven’t finished yet.
- Green Rider by Kristen Britain. Unlike all the other series listed in this list I have always made time to read each Green Rider book as soon as I get my hands on it. However, Kristen Britain is know to be a very slow writer, which is fine because these books are worth the wait. So the only reason I haven’t finished this series yet is because I’m still waiting for the next book to come out. But if you look at it from an already published standpoint this is the only series I am done with, though since that’s not the point of this list nor is the series itself done being written is the whole reason why this one was listed first.
- Noble Dead Saga by Barb & J.C. Hendee. I started this series when it first came out and was hook right away. But due to school and a variety of other interruptions I wasn’t able to keep up with it as the books came out. I have since caught up on the books and am hoping I can get caught up in reading by the time the next book comes out at the end of December.
- Kushiel’s Series by Jacqueline Carey. I picked up the first book back a couple months ago when it was the monthly read for Vaginal Fantasy. I loved it, and while I made it a point to go to the bookstore as soon as possible after to get the rest of the books from the series I have sadly not made time to read them.
- Warcraft/World of Warcraft Series by Various authors. Up until last year I only had about three of the Warcraft books, which wasn’t enough for me as I wanted to read them all. When I finally managed to get my hands on all of them I was neck deep in the MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic and reading had been put on hold completely. Now with the latest book in the series out and in my hands I am looking forward to sitting down and reading (and in some cases rereading) every single book in this series. It was the lore that made me love World of Warcraft as a game, and it’s why I continue to pick up the books even though I don’t play WoW anymore.
- The Kindrily Series by Karen Amanda Cooper. With a second book due out sometime early next year this series is still quite new. However after reading the first book, Grasping At Eternity, I am looking forward to see what comes next in the series.
- Star Wars by Various authors. Let’s face it, this series is huge and keeps getting bigger each year. For a long time I almost exclusively read Star Wars novels and had a fairly decent time keeping up with them. They were put on hold while I attended University and College and then by the time I was ready to pick them up again so many books had been added I wasn’t sure where to start (well actually that’s a lie, I just had to pick up where I left off). So while I have been slowly catching up on buying the books I haven’t started reading them again. One day I will.
- Symphony of Ages by Elizabeth Haydon. While these books have been on my to read list for quite some time I only picked up the series a few months back. I do own all of the books but just haven’t had or made the time to read past the first book.
- Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I’ve only read the first book in the series, The Mists of Avalon. And while I loved it I was somewhat ignorant to the fact that there was actually a series attached to it. So I’ve recently been buying the books whenever I find them in the used book stores but as yet to get my hands on all of them.
- Hythrun Chronicles by Jennifer Fallon. I’ve read the first three books in this series and then had a long gap before finding two more. However, I could never, until very recently, find the very last book and now I just need to make time to read it.
- Unicorns of Balinor by Mary Stanton. In the case of the Unicorns of Balinor series I have not been able to get my hands on any of the books past the third one, but I certainly have my eye out anytime I’m in a book store.
What book series have you not finished and why?